Wednesday, September 30, 2009

However we bustle? -- Look of the Day  

Last night was a p-p-p-p-partay! I met up with my blonde buddy to dry my clothes (I got caught in a torrential downpour without an umbrella) and hang out until we went out for a jazz show at 9. I think I was really tired, because we decided to go for a walk in the flood and ended up with me running through the streets laughing hysterically. I seem to have a TST Indian suit tailor beacon, just about on every corner we stopped at" "M'am would you like a fine suit?" Now... Let me think of how to explain this. I find TST synonymous with "suit", on a quick pass through The Dark Side I'll get asked at least 3 times if I'd like a suit.

Of course an acceptible answer to this question is, "No thank you." But for some reason that doesn't work. "A fine suit for you!" "..No, I don't need a suit." "Yes yes a fine suit for you! How about a watch, a handbag? Rolex?" "You're making me angry, you won't like me when I'm angry" "My shop is just upstairs." "DO I LOOK LIKE I EVER WEAR A SUIT I SAID NO THANK YOU ABOUT FIVE TIMES NOW YOU ARE CREEPING ME OUT!" Does that stop him? No. Never. I mean do they think I've never been asked if I want a suit made? Do I reek of tourist? Am I not saying the right thing? And why do I get followed? Okay it's understood, I do not want a suit in any capacity, nor a handbag - now stay on your corner! Don't follow me halfway down the street. Grrrrr! Anyway the end of this story is that I was so annoyed with this guy following me, patting me on the shoulder (oh you should have seen my face, it was a 'Oh HELLLLLLL no' face) until I finally ran into oncoming traffic and got honked at a few times.

There should be a law about these tailors. Or maybe they should go through a mandatory sales course.

Uh yeah, anyway so I went out later with a few friends to DaDa club at the Luxe Manor (39 Kimberly Road). It was a pretty nice club, a "new gothic" look to it, food that cost an arm and a leg, cheapish beer. We went to see Ifat's friend Michelle Garthe perform a few songs. I was totally jealous, I have always wished I could sing... This woman can sing! She's got a beautiful voice. She thought she was rusty, psh, I could have taken over the mic and belted out Britney Spear's Toxic for a few minutes to sky rocket her confidence.


The beautiful & talented Michelle / A cool oil painting inside DaDa

Ifat and I gorged ourselves on a delicious meal of green olives, peanuts, and almonds - by the time we got around to taking photos I think you could say we were a little faded. Bars/clubs/lounges are so evil, they serve you high fat salty snacks so you drink more. It really was a fun night, I ended up talking to a mutual friend about video games (my other embarrassing vice) and it turns out he makes video games. I love fashion and shopping, but once you get me talking about the Internet and video games... Clothes = FAIL. Sowwy.


Cotton On ribbed tank, Cotton On lace patterned pencil skirt, H&M gold chain belt, "Jimmy Choo" pumps from Shenzhen // Ifat's wearing a vintage tube dress, H&M bracelets, motorcycle boots

I think Cotton On should discover me, see how much I love their clothes, and send me millions of tank tops. Best freakin' tank tops in the world!

Bookmark and Share

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories